Your work will be done in the context of our unique analytics platform, Q. We use Q to scout and monitor investment prospects. Q provides a unified dataset of nearly one million venture capital funded companies, funding rounds, investors, and investments, with more than 600 data points per company.
Typical tasks include:
- Operational maintenance and improvement of our data platform, including data pipelines and machine learning workflows
- Development and improvement of algorithms designed to discover, monitor, and score investment opportunities for NGP Capital
- Data analysis activities to better understand our data and gain new insights for our investment team and investment activities
Requirements for the role:
- Background and interest within data science and machine learning
- Knowledge and some experience in software engineering
- Interest in start-ups, growth companies, and venture capital
- Knowledge of Python and SQL
- A self-driven person with a transparent communication style
- Solid communication skills in both written and spoken English
What we offer
We offer a unique opportunity to join a global venture capital firm in Finland. We’re doing groundbreaking work with alternate data and use data to drive our investments. You will be part of an interesting and fast-moving business where the environment is continuously changing and new projects, as well as new possibilities, are part of every day. The compensation package is competitive.
Please apply by sending your CV, your cover letter including your university grade point average, and your desired time of work to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application period closes on April 18, 2021.
Full-time preferred, working hours per week is negotiable.
Temporary 4-6 months employment starting August 2021.
About NGP Capital
NGP Capital is a global venture capital firm founded in 2005 with offices in Helsinki, Palo Alto, Geneva, Beijing, and Shanghai. We specialize in growth-stage venture investing from Series B and beyond. With $1.2Bn under management, investments include companies like Deliveroo (UK), Lime (USA), Coda (USA), Zinier (USA), Shadowfax (India), GetYourGuide (Germany), Xiaomi (China), and more. Learn more about NGP Capital at www.ngpcap.com or on Twitter and LinkedIn.